Just about every musician/tv show/game/website/movie etc. They all say we should stay away from them, when the simple truth is that there is nothing wrong with them. Just for example:

Person 1. Oh Harry Potter is awesome because it has things that never happen in reality like magic, spells, charms and witches!
Person 2. (Christian) Harry Potter is Satanic. Stay away from that crap.

My reaction: Ok I don’t believe in the bible or in magic and I love Harry Potter and you can have your own belief, but just don’t take this too seriously.

Now Obama

Person 1.(Christian) Oh no, Obama will be president of America and end the world in 2012 and become Antichrist! Honey, give me the shotgun! *clocks the gun

No, Obama isn’t the Antichrist because you guys say all politicians are Antichrists. Obama wasn’t that bad, I mean he finally killed Bin Laden. Someone did try to assassinate him because of some stupid book that was written a thousand years ago told you so.

Now with Hello Kitty. WTF

Christian: Hello Kitty is evil because it’s made by the devil.

My reaction: Any proof of that?

Now Kim Jong Un the leader of North Korea

Christian: Kim is the Antichrist and his father is the devil.

My reaction: Alright, Kim has nothing to do with Satan ok? He isn’t the coming of the antichrist, he’s just a coming of a new a•hole ruining society. Seriously what’s with you Christians? Adolf Hitler, Napoleon Bonnaparte(whatever), Joseph Stalin etc. Are the offspring of the devil? There are many, many, many evil people in history and none of them are and never will be Aholechrist.

Now Justin Bieber

Christian: Justin brainwashed millions of kids all over the world inspired by his lyrics. There are secret messages in there.

My reaction. Just stop please. Justin Bieber? I may not like him or got anything against the kid but how is he the antichrist? He’s just a kid singing into the microphone singing baby baby baby oh. This is either a theory by a actual Christian or just a false rumor by his hater. Surprisingly, I couldn’t tell the difference.

The most disturbing results of these results to me is the Harry Potter part when I watched a video on youtube ‘Harry Potter Should Be Banned!’ the title at first sight really tore me apart. Why on earth would anyone do that?

I clicked on the video and I see this Christian dude with messy hair and glasses kinda like Harry but it’s not Harry. He said in his video that it should be banned just because it has magic in it. He added that dumbledore was gay WTF did he get this from? It’s funny that they hate Harry Potter but loves lord of the rings. I have a cousin who said to me to stay away from Harry Potter just because he has a wand. I was like have you fell asleep watching the movie? Have you seen Gandalf the fcking wizard who has a wand too?

It’s really ridiculous to think of things like that not absolutely sure if Harry Potter is satanic. This lunatic in the video says to ban it from all children immediately to be replaced with the bible?!

Pretty broad generalization paint brushing swiping, my friend. Even if the majority of those who label themselves Christian are that way.
I am a non drug of any kind using Christian, who just spent the better part of my Sunday with pot smoking pagans, some of the truest bestest and decent people out there, who frankly behave more like a "good" Christian should, than most Christians.
These people did attend their own church services today, I did not and have not for years. God knows why too. All those twisted Christians in any position of power, twisting the already twisted word of God (the 20 different versions of the Bible we have today is what’s left after many over the centuries had changed and modified the true (now lost forever) words….not to mention omitting many true writings that they deemed dangerous…if the people read those, there’d be no organized church).
God gave the authors of these fantasy books a gift for providing the world with a means of escaping this world, maybe long enough to keep us sane for another day of terrible reality.
And I do remember those good Pagans in my prayers.

14 Responses to “Why Do Christians Think Everything Is Evil?”

• Fabulously Drunk says:

Dafuq did I just read

• Jack says:

I am a Christian and I don’t think everything is evil. It seems your private theory needs some refining.

• Gregory says:

we do not think every thing is evil

• unknown says:

Lol , not all christian thinks everything is evil.

• Mephistopheles says:

Their churches tell them what to think. To them: if their church tells them it’s evil – it’s evil.

• HerroAreeooppa! says:

I read most of your posting, now what I have to say is, it’ll be pointless to ask these questions if you’re not a Christian.. you said it yourself you’re not one and you don’t take things too seriously. So obviously don’t care what others think, so why care?? Who cares? Why do you even bother asking questions like this one here?
    If I gave you answers that you obviously will not "approve of", then would it be any good or useful?
    If I said the Bible said(not you, me or anyone else, but the word of GOD said) God hates witchcraft and he told us to stay away from it, and that’s probably why they don’t even want to watch that type of movie, then are you going to argue what they prefer doing?
    I know some who watch H.P and love it regardless, and think it’s harmless, but then people such as yourself can very possibly point fingers and say you’re a hypocrite, etc…

So don’t mind. Who cares? If you don’t want to understand where others are coming from, then don’t think too much, don’t care too much either.

• Messenger of God says:

Well I’m to old for Harry Potter, I watched the movies and didn’t find anything wrong with them they are fictional.

And I don’t like President Obama, I believe he is either an Atheist or an Agnostic he definitely does not support Christian beliefs. I think he only considers himself a Christian for the Christian votes.

Hello Kitty is for children, I do watch Anime. But like anything else to me it’s fiction.

I don’t like Kim Jong the Dong he is an Atheist.

I don’t like Justin Bieber, I don’t even understand how they can think he is satanic?

I do like the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit, but it’s fiction.
    Catholic Christian

• Iwalkeverywhere says:

It is the way they are brainwashed.

• Adieu says:

These things may challenge their individual faith in God. They decide it is evil for that reason.
    It is absurd to think that all Christians believe everything is bad Some loonies do this but they are not a lot different than rabid recylers and living in a state that has a fat tax because it is like wow , . California. We were all vegetarian here because one of us refused to eat meat in the high chair. We never went on about eating flesh like some of the wilded eyed vegetarians do. There are wackos everywhere.
    People are obsessive , compulsive and some of them are atheists and some of them are Christians.
    It is not brainwashing . These people are convinced and they came up with this on their own. I have been in church with some of them and no one else thought as they did. My aunt was one of them and she nearly kept me from becoming a Christian because she is such a mean , spiteful woman.
    We listened to wild rock and roll and read Harry Potter. I got bored with the movies and the books.

• ROBERT P says:

Everything ? You must be joking.

• Andreas says:

All christians are Anticrist, because they believe in talking snakes :P

• nameless says:

Why Do Christians Think Everything Is Evil?

~~~ Simple,
    "we don’t see the world as it is, we see it as we are!"!
    "’Evil’, like ‘beauty’, is in the eye of the beholder!"
    "That which occupies our thoughts is that which we worship!"

Oh, and most delicious is the ‘morality’ itself!
    The flinging of the illicit stolen ‘apple’ back into God’s face, in the ‘judging’ of ‘good’ and ‘evil’ (from the Tree of the Knowledge of ‘Goof’ and ‘Evil’!

From a religious Perspective (and a dictionary), ‘morality’ is judging people/stuff as ‘good’ or ‘bad/evil’!
    As a Xtian (or any other religion), we are warned against judging others;
    "Judge not lest you be judged!"
    Such is the sin of ‘pride’!
    ‘Pride’ is the only sin (from which all others spring), yet the hypocrites flaunt their practices, joyfully, proudly, in the face of god!

You are told that;
    "If you judge, judge with righteous judgment!"
    And goes on to say that;
    "None are righteous, no not one!"

It just seems the wackiest thing to me that the professed ‘followers’ of a Jesus would behave in such a way; sinfully, intolerant, hateful, ignorant, homophobic, lacking on faith and Love and humility…

Is it any wonder that they see the world as filled with corruption and ‘evil’?

"Perhaps it is the curvature of space that, like a funhouse mirror distorting our own reflection, we imagine strangers." – Mythopoeicon

Perhaps the Truth is easier to bear, for certain folk, when they perceive their own ‘dark side’ in ‘others’?

"Xtians, in the future you will be mystics, or you will not be at all!"

• And says:

80 foot (25 meter) dinosaurs (man-eaters) will come out through sinkholes and lakes. Human souls go either to hell or heaven after death. Suicide, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit (rejecting salvation through Christ Jesus), worship of the beast-antichrist (pale gay flying Jew with red eyes, who moves like superman and makes fire come down from the sky), receiving mark of the beast (666 tattoo by lasers), and going into UFO ship to be healed (aliens=demons=ghosts=angels of light surrounding the beast-antichrist) lead to hell. When people stretch hands to receive small grey plastic world passport or similar document, 666 tattoo is given by lasers on wrist area or forehead. Food stores will be set up to laser people. Police will laser people on highways. RFID chips, electronic tattoos, and other electronic documents are used to track people to laser them.

• girlmidgard says:

And I do remember those good Pagans in my prayers.